- Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
- $ 100,000 - 150,000
- star_border Flexible Work Hours
- star_border Remote Work Opportunities
- star_border Competitive Salaries
- star_border Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- star_border Awesome Health Insurance
- star_border Excellent PTO & Paid Holidays
- star_border Casual Business Attire
- star_border Paid Parental Leave
- star_border Forbes Top 100 Best Places to Work 2017 (#2 in IT)
- star_border Computerworld's Best Places to Work in IT 2017
At Banno, we believe that the world is a better place when community banks and credit unions exist to serve their communities. Our mission is to build the technology that gives community financial institutions the tools they need to compete against the big banks. Banno is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers.
You are infinitely curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success. You want to be surrounded by other great engineers that drive you to be better every day.
Although you work in a team, you are self-motivated and able to work independently. You want to own the deliverable from start to finish by working with the product manager, defining the scope and seeing the work all the way through to deployment in production. You care deeply about your work, your team, and the end user.
Banno values trust and those with a bias towards action. We are confident you will love it here.
What you and your team are working on
As a Senior Scala Engineer, you work with your team to provide APIs and back end services for a suite of digital banking products, including native mobile and web applications. Our APIs are first-class citizens and are consumed by both our internal teams as well as teams outside of Banno.
You are keeping our services up-to-date with the newest development and deployment practices. You are responsible for maintaining our services in a microservices environment and for implementing the tools necessary for observability and monitoring of those services.
This position can be worked 100% REMOTE from any US location.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with server-side programming languages in production.
- Knowledge of or experience with microservice architecture.
- Experience with functional programming languages.
- Experience with the Scala libraries cats, http4s, and doobie.
- Experience with event driven architecture using Kafka.
- Experience with Observability and Monitoring.