- Grand Parade
- Kraków, PL
- star_border Free parking spaces for cars, motorcycles and bicycles
- star_border Fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med) & Fully paid Multisport pass
- star_border Extra paid day off for your birthday
- star_border Flexible working hours
- star_border Integration events and company parties
- star_border Gaming rooms with PS,VR, billiards, Table Tennis, Table Football
- star_border Individual training budget
- star_border Company competitions with cool prizes
- star_border New office in the city center with a terrace and incredible city view
- star_border Referral scheme and bonus
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
• You will build Scala services based on Domain-driven Design (DDD) and you will learn with us how to use the functional programming principles to make the code better.
• You will model data layer in non-relational databases (Cassandra / DSE Search)
• You will use real-time stream processing / messaging (Kafka)
• You will dockerize applications, write Helm charts and use Kubernetes to run them.
• You will implement reporting/analytics using Big Data processing tools (Apache Spark in DSE Analytics)
• You will collaborate with product owners and the team to ensure requirements are well-defined and met
• You’re experienced in development of back-end services, not necessarily Scala
• You started to learn Scala or you really want to do it. For us, it would be enough if you take a first step and start to read about it (Programming in Scala - book by Odersky should suffice) and write some code (completing exercises of Functional Programming in Scala - on Coursera)
• You have a good understanding of reactive systems, REST API design principles, relational and non-relational databases and message brokers.
• You pay attention to the quality of the code and appreciate value of testing application at each level
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
• Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
• Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
• Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
• Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
• We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
• Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
• Flexible working practices
• Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
• Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.