- Dé VakantieDiscounter
- Amsterdam, NL
- Senior, Lead
- star_border A developer-focused workspace at our Amsterdam office
- star_border Freedom and responsibilities
- star_border Competitive remuneration package
- star_border A fast-growing and flat organization
- star_border Flexible working hours
- star_border Pension
- star_border The opportunity to develop through courses, conferences and events
- star_border 24 paid holidays and 6 ATV days
- star_border Discount on your holiday trips
- star_border Support with relocation (visa, housing, 30% tax ruling)
VakantieDiscounter (Elmar Reizen BV) is the leading online travel agency in The Netherlands where our customers experience an easier and more comfortable way of booking their holiday: www.vakantiediscounter.nl
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will join our growing development department, where you will be part of an agile feature team. Your talent and experience with software development will help us become more innovative, improve our productivity, and continue to live up to our high standards.
Your focus will be on the systems powering our travel website www.vakantiediscounter.nl, which we believe is one of the largest eCommerce websites using Clojure and ClojureScript in the world. On the server side you will be integrating our service APIs and client side you will be working on features that will enlighten our customers while maintaining high quality code.
All systems are built in-house with our own own international development teams leverage technologies such as:
- ClojureScript/Reagent/React together with re-frame for our website
- Clojure, Scala, and the Play framework with our REST APIs
- DevCards for CSS component isolation
- HELM, Kubernetes for running our systems on GCP
- A/B experiments, for sensible decision making
You will be writing lots of high-quality code that goes to production continuously and spend ±10% on R&D to find the next big thing.
Your skills and qualifications
- You are a seasoned Clojure Engineer (3+ years) with solid experience working in an Agile environment
- You have a solid experience with web programming
- You have experience with DevOps and improving CI/CD pipelines
- You know functional programming and have a passion for learning and sharing your knowledge
We consider it a plus if you have experience with:
- React, and associated web technologies
- Kubernetes, Docker, container-based deployments
- Open Source; because we contribute back to the ecosystem.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- A developer-focused workspace at our Amsterdam office
- A fast-growing and flat organization with the possibility of flexible working hours and benefits in terms of health, pension, and fun initiatives, team buildings and events
- The opportunity to develop through courses, conferences and events
- 24 paid holidays and 6 ATV days
- Discount on your holiday trips
- Support with relocation (visa, housing, 30% tax ruling)
About De VakantieDiscounter
The VakantieDiscounter (Elmar Reizen BV) is an online travel agency from the Benelux and was founded over 20 years ago. From 2009 to 2019, the company has grown its revenue 50x. At the moment, VakantieDiscounter is embarking on an internationalization journey, starting with Germany and further expanding into several other countries in Europe.
The company is continuously focused on innovative improvements and quality, not only with regards to the platform, but also in terms of channels to reach and support the customer. The ever-prevailing goal is to make it easier and more comfortable for the customer to select a nice holiday.
The vibrant VakantieDiscounter office, with an international team of 90 people, is located on the Amsterdam canals in the center of the city. The organization is flat, democratic and based on trust, and employees have a lot of freedom in achieving success through their own preferred approach.
Is this the job for you? Respond quickly to this vacancy! We would like to receive your CV via the application button below.
N.B. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated. We do not work with recruiters.