- Zalando SE
- Berlin, DE
- Mid-Level, Senior
- star_border Competitive salary, pension matching (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge)
- star_border Paid time off, volunteering time off, flexible schedules, sabbatical
- star_border 40% Zalando discount + various discounts with external partners
- star_border Relocation for internationals - temporary housing, visa & residency
- star_border Employee share program
- star_border Excellent hardware & comfortable work place; standing desks, monitors
- star_border Learning and development resources, internal and external trainings
- star_border Strong OSS culture, internal tech guilds, tech stand ups & Hackweek
- star_border Parents network, parent and child rooms, (may vary)
- star_border On-site gyms & fitness classes, internal sports teams (may vary)
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Personalized Marketing
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: <10
Recruiter: Rebecca Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org
You will support us realize our vision to build a machine learning platform leveraging big data technologies to automate ad creation, management and bidding for one of Europe's largest online marketing budgets. You will work in a cross-functional team with product managers, data scientists and data engineers to bring marketing to the next level.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Take the ownership for designing, developing, deploying and operating marketing automation solutions
- Deliver high quality software by paying strong attention to API design, automated tests, scalability and resilience
- Be responsible of shaping a scalable and performant architecture of the systems that you will be working on
- Proactively mentor, share knowledge and learn from your peers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience with Scala. If not, experience with other languages and high desire to learn Scala is required
- You understand the properties of large scale distributed systems and have a good understanding of databases, Docker and Kubernetes. Hands on experience in designing, developing and operating microservices on a highly distributed system. Working experience with high level of test automation
- Strong knowledge of object oriented and functional programming paradigms as well as strong passion for developing clean, well maintainable and testable code
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Personalized Marketing is a new department with the mission to create a data-driven, automated and personalized digital marketing for Zalando.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.