- Zalando SE
- Berlin, DE
- Mid-Level, Senior
- star_border Competitive salary, pension matching (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge)
- star_border Paid time off, volunteering time off, flexible schedules, sabbatical
- star_border 40% Zalando discount + various discounts with external partners
- star_border Relocation for internationals - temporary housing, visa & residency
- star_border Employee share program
- star_border Excellent hardware & comfortable work place; standing desks, monitors
- star_border Learning and development resources, internal and external trainings
- star_border Strong OSS culture, internal tech guilds, tech stand ups & Hackweek
- star_border Parents network, parent and child rooms, (may vary)
- star_border On-site gyms & fitness classes, internal sports teams (may vary)
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Tech Logistics
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: 5-10
As an engineer in Tech Logistics, you will develop logistics systems to support the delivery of millions of items to our customers. You would be a part of one of our teams that develop systems that, for example do stock distribution across warehouses, handle receive distribution and storage of goods and returns, develop algorithms to optimize the utilization of automation and staff, or create processes to ship goods to our customers while reducing errors and improving performance of logistics centers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop and execute mid- & long-term technical vision and architecture with your team, while closely collaborating with Engineering Managers to be in line with our overall tech strategy. You will support teams driving the design and implementation of applications used by our colleagues in our logistics centers, platform services, and algorithmic optimizations (such as route planning and task scheduling).
- Manage your services from architecture to testing, deployment and operation in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with and mentor a multi-disciplinary team of backend, frontend, and research engineers.
- Facilitate communication and decision-making in your team and with other engineering teams and stakeholders.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Various levels of experience in professional programming in Scala with expertise in microservices architecture, distributed systems, RESTful APIs and event-driven design. Knowledgeable in data structures, SQL and NoSQL, the Spring framework, and experience with AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience in building high-volume services in distributed systems, in delivering high quality code and knowledge of how to deploy and maintain it. Interest and knowledge in Python, Kotlin or similar languages are a plus.
- Curiosity about algorithms, machine learning or mathematics.
- Fluent and effective communication and ability to understand business requirements in an agile environment.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events.
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts.
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations).
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
As a software engineer in Logistics Platform team in Berlin/Erfurt, you will develop the core of our next generation warehouse management system. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of an abstract domain model that generalizes every physical movement of items within a warehouse. This includes building the infrastructure for representing a logistics centre in a generic way, with all its routes, resources, and capacities. With your contribution in architecture, test, deployment, and operations, your team will enable others to build efficient warehouse processes for Zalando’s logistics operations on top of our platform. Together we will make sure to deliver world’s best customer delivery experience.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.