- relayr GmbH
- Berlin, DE
- Mid-Level, Senior
- star_border Competitive Salary
- star_border Choice of high-end Mac/Linux hardware
- star_border German Language Classes at beginner, intermediate and advanced level
- star_border Flexible office environment, work-life balance, home office
- star_border A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills
- star_border Opportunities to attend events and conferences
- star_border Awesome co-workers from every corner of the world
- star_border Free Soft Drinks
- star_border Great Office Location
- star_border Casual Workplace
Relayr is one of the fastest growing and most successful industrial internet of things (IIoT) organizations. With around 250 employees and 5 years of company history we are successfully helping companies in industrial markets to navigate disruption and stay relevant. Our unique combination of applying world-class technology, powerful financial and insurance offerings, with dedicated professional services allows us to deliver guaranteed business outcomes to customers.
Recently, through its subsidiary Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB), Munich Re has acquired 100 percent of relayr, valued at US$300 million. This allows us to be a trusted long-term horizon partner to Munich Re and HSB, especially for mid-market industrial companies. Our end-to-end IoT solutions will now get access to the group's unique financial engineering, risk-management and domain expertise and allow us to design business outcome solutions not available in the market today.
At relayr we develop an IoT platform that connects real world objects (like elevators, manufacturing lines and coffee machines) to our cloud.
We are a diverse group of Scala nerds looking for a new colleague. We automate everything, test everything, take every opportunity to give and receive feedback and pick technologies that we believe fit the problem at hand. Once a week we meet up and solve FP problems in Scala for fun.
Our platform is based around several RESTful microservices written in Scala with Akka. We use various databases such as Postgres, Cassandra and Elasticsearch. Since we shuffle a lot of data, most services also do stream processing over Kafka.
- Design, develop and maintain microservices and their unit, integration and system tests
- Take part in architectural and code reviews
- Evaluate new technologies, ideas and approaches
- Design APIs and protocols
- Help developers in other teams to use our platform
- You know Scala
- You can reason about distributed systems
- You can design a handy RESTful API and document it in Swagger
- You know your way around SQL and NoSQL databases
- You are not afraid of Docker, Jenkins and AWS
- It’s a plus if you’re familiar with some data processing framework (such as Spark or Flink)
- Flexible office environment
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing and an expanding library of books
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Cool office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, 3D printer and free fruit and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Free German courses at beginner, intermediate and advanced level (Working language is English)
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sound interesting? Please follow the link to apply for this position: