- Berlin, DE
- star_border Financial Security
- star_border Health & Wellness
- star_border eBay On Location Perks
- star_border Work / Life Balance
- star_border Community Involvement
- star_border One Month Sabbatical every 5 years
- star_border Maternity and Parental Leaves
mobile.de, part of the eBay Inc family of companies, is the largest online vehicle trade site in Germany. Our office campus is co-located with the eBay Marketplace and eBay Kleinanzeigen offices in Dreilinden, just outside Berlin.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer (d/f/m) to work on a new, innovative data infrastructure for our company.
This role sits within the Data- and Tech- organization and directly partners with other engineers, analysts and data scientists. We're looking for a highly skilled engineer, who is passionate about building and scaling a data platform for analytical and product uses cases. We want you to drive the architecture and lead the implementation of this major data initiative.
- Design, build and iterate on a sustainable and scalable architecture to ingest and combine data from a large number of different sources (both batch and real-time) that are spread across the organization. Successfully partner with our data teams to build the data layer to empower scalable data products for our high-traffic web platform as well as analysts to leverage data insights and provide dashboards
- Guide and advise the team as a technical lead. Infer best practices and share knowledge among other engineers in our Product and Tech unit
- Successfully partner with our system operators to design data generation and provisioning architectures
- Partner with Business, Product and Strategy to drive the data topic holistically
- Track record of building a scalable high-volume data infrastructure / data lake
- Good experience with Big Data related architecture and technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop), with NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo, Cassandra) and SQL databases
- Experience with building micro-services and/or distributed systems and an understanding of web tech
- Experience with different tracking infrastructures (frontend, backend) and how to combine different data sources
- Strong experience as a Java developer with a deep understanding of the surrounding technology ecosystem; Experience in Scala is a plus
- Basic understanding of Python
- Basic understanding of Data Science & Analytics
- Strong analytical skills and ability to write clean, well-maintainable code
- Desire to quickly learn new technologies and be pragmatic about the choice of tools that fits the situation
- Able to work self-driven, but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English. German would be a plus
What we offer:
- Having an impact on our platform and mobile.de as a whole
- Competitive salary
- A dynamic team with interesting and driven people, and a great team spirit. We are passionate about building great data products for our users – but we also have a good sense of humor and enjoy working together.
- Room for growth: Our team is growing, and so are our responsibilities. You can take over a comprehensive field of responsibility and really make a difference
- Excellent working environment with a high level of professionalism and lots of flexibility
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- A great campus with an extended data community at eBay Kleinanzeigen and eBay Germany
- Many on-site perks such as a fitness center, yoga and pilates classes, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service. We even offer a dry-cleaning service!