- Agile Digital
- Canberra, AU
- Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
- star_border Sit-Stand Desks and Personal Chairs
- star_border Centrally Located in Australia's Capital City
- star_border FedEx Days for Personal R&D
- star_border Gym Memberships
- star_border Tech-Talk & Office Lunches
- star_border Relocation Packages
At Agile Digital we build better digital futures with our clients by designing and developing great software platforms & products. We're based in the heart of Canberra with a developer-friendly space in Braddon.
We've loved the Agile philosophy for so long now that we own the registered Australian trade mark for "Agile" in software development. Yes really.
About the Role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a curious, bright and enthusiastic Full Stack Developer to join our team of top tier software engineers. Your initial work will include bespoke platform development as part of a team, with training and further technical qualifications sponsored to put you on the fast track to guru.
Ideally you have broad experience with cloud platforms, an industrial language like Java or Python, and preferably a functional language like Scala or Haskell.
You don't need to be a guru yet, however you'll need to be a software geek with strong logical & creative thinking skills who's passionate about applying new technologies & approaches. A friendly demeanour and great communication skills will mean a positive fit with the team.
Skills & Requirements
- Technical experience with:
- Ideally Atlassian, MuleSoft, ForgeRock, OpenShift or Lightbend tooling.
- AWS, Azure, OpenStack or other "Serverless" application paradigms.
- Real talent for combining creative thinking with common-sense logical problem solving.
- Futurist thinking that sees past the status quo to conceive new ways of delivering value through software.
- A penchant for automating the boring things.
- Written and verbal communication skills necessary to get your ideas across clearly & concisely to a non-technical audience.
- History of embracing positive change in your life and work.
- An aptitude/desire for working right through the software stack (i.e., systems programming, UI development, database design, devops, and serverless platform design & operation).
Why Join Us?
You can expect to be working with leading edge software technologies & techniques — on high profile systems with a "release early & often mentality".
- Regular 'Hackathon days' to freely explore your own interests.
- Developer-focused environment.
- Interesting and challenging projects that encourage creativity and ingenuity.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, apply now via Stack Overflow! Please include your cover letter and resume outlining your suitability for the role.