- Leawood, KS, US
Recently named one of Kansas City's 2019 "Best Places to Work" by The Kansas City Business Journal, C2FO offers a strong, team-based culture with a growing network of offices around the world.
Data is the lifeblood of any technology company. At C2FO, we know the best way to ensure our success is to provide our decision-makers with the most accurate, most relevant data possible. The Director of Data Engineering is responsible for nurturing an architecture that improves the quality, simplicity, and time to market of our data services to the enterprise. We are looking for an outstanding leader for our growing Data Engineering Core who will operate in our Leawood KS office and will play a pivotal role in guiding future operations and strategy with our global cloud systems in North America, Europe, India, and China.
* Demonstrated experience as a Data Architect or Engineering Manager, leading and empowering a dedicated data engineering team.
* Manage and mentor data engineers as well as overseeing technical projects that will affect all levels of the organization.
* Strong background in data architecture / curation and can guide the team on individual projects using scalable full life-cycle technologies
* Extensive experience with massive data architecture from acquisition to retrieval, particularly with data lakes and cloud technologies.
* Able to contribute to all stages of the roadmap, development, deployment pipelines, and cross-functional teams as well as shareholders.
Our Data Engineers use cutting-edge, open-source technologies to collect, process, and store our data. We use the flexibility of cloud-hosted computing to prototype and implement the latest and greatest data tools. Working collaboratively with Engineering, Product, Marketing and Data & Machine Learning Science teams, this role owns the creation, architectural vision, and supporting execution against it.
You will work closely with the most talented scientists, engineers, and data junkies in the Midwest to solve the most complicated long-term financial and working capital problems across multiple industry verticals (Retail, Technology, Health Care, etc).
* Building Cloud Native applications leveraging AWS and GCP services
* Leveraging continuous delivery tools
* Apply a Services First approach to building data solutions
* Use event or messaging based architectures
* Delivering multi tenant applications and data services
* Leveraging zero downtime deployment patterns
* Responsible for all cloud-based data services for North America, EMEA, India, and China
* Responsible for managing, coaching, mentoring, and growing a group of 10 data engineers
* Collaborate with DevOps to deploy and maintain clustered computing across multi-cloud environments
* Monitor, maintain, and enhance the existing data structures to ensure reliability and data integrity
* Design and build large-scale, automated ingestion pipelines that integrate across multi-cloud platforms and disparate data sources
* Evaluate cutting-edge technologies for integration into existing technology stack
* Frame technical or architectural alternatives in business terms, clearly articulating both business and technical implications of various options
* Champion technology and architecture related investments, advocate for the priority of this work with Product, Business, and Engineering counterparts
* Manage technical debt and advocate with Engineering and business units to create and execute appropriate risk mitigation and debt reduction strategies
* Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets