- Mid-Level, Senior
- star_border Employer 401K match plan
- star_border Brand new, modern and open office space
- star_border Located in downtown Saratoga and close to a variety of restaurants
- star_border Very Friendly and Upbeat work environment
- star_border Great location with free parking garages in close proximity
- star_border Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- star_border Work Remotely
- star_border 24/7 Health Concierge Service for all employees
- star_border Competitive base salary
- star_border 3 weeks vacation to start
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We are currently seeking a Scala Software Developer that is fluent in Scala and web applications. The successful engineer will be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Develop new applications and production application support
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Develop understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements.
- Participate in project work groups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand specific needs
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Scala development-based software solutions
- Extensive enterprise experience in web applications
- Enterprise experience with relational and nonrelational database
- Hands on experience with Azure and/or Google cloud, Docker or Container Orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Hands on experience with Postgres, MySQL, or Redis technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Netflix OSS is a plus
- Experience with OAuth and LDAP is a plus
- Hands on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands on experience with NoSQL technologies
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience