- London, GB
- £ 60,000 - 80,000
- star_border Free breakfast, snacks, fruit and avocados (!)
- star_border Over a dozen free sports and social clubs
- star_border Dog-friendly office
- star_border Generous training budget
- star_border Mental well-being support including on-site psychotherapy
- star_border Regular brown bags with guest speakers
- star_border Generous maternity & paternity leave
- star_border Flexible working - we have a no clock-watching culture
- star_border Our team are able to work from home
- star_border Private medical and dental cover
ClearScore is searching for a Backend Developer to join our growing technology team. We are looking for a talented Software Developers able to influence the direction of critical ClearScore services and build tools that allow us to scale rapidly. Within a couple of days of joining, you will deploy your code to production affecting millions of users globally and writing new features to attract new users and engage our user base. The Backend Developer will develop integrations with new partners globally so we are able to tackle underserved markets and offer better deals to customers.
Our development team works with:
- A global microservices architecture built primarily on Akka Http using Scala
- A “You build it you run it” principle, empowering our developers to work with AWS, Kubernetes and Spinnaker
- A Quality Assurance program to build, test, release and monitor your work
- Cross-functional teams collaborating closely with QA, Data Analysts and Product Managers
- TDD and peer-reviewing enabling us to do frequent yet resilient releases to global markets
Pick up a new language: Some of our developers have learnt Scala on the job – we have all the resources and support available in case you are willing and keen to learn.
We are always looking for ways to do things better and encourage new joiners to bring their ideas and ways of working to the table. Teach us some cool stuff and we'll teach you some, but most of all, you'll have fun doing it.
"People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being." This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world. From building financial literacy chatbots, to creating industry leading relationships and integrations with financial institutions, our technology and our developers enable the creation of the next generation of consumer-facing financial technology.
We are proud to say that our Engineers at ClearScore are world class and at the heart of making this mission a reality for our 11 million customers.
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 6%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Dental cover with Denplan, the LARGEST dental provider in the UK – with the option to add family members
- All permanent staff are automatically included in our ClearScore Group Life Assurance Scheme – life insurance cover will be an amount that is equal to 4x your basic salary
- Perkbox – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit...and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if there's not one for your passion, start one!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.